Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Rhododendron

Had to get this card ready early for the class next week as this weekend I am looking after two of my darling Granddaughters while their parents have a bit of a break.  I will have a nearly two year old and a nearly seven year old, they are staying three nights, it will be a bit of a challenge as the youngest has never slept anywhere but home at night before.  Wish me luck LOL
Next weeks card is this Rhododendron, it is a nice flower to make, but is time consuming.......hope we get it all done in the one night but if not we will carry it over, it's just a matter of being methodical and doing each stage in turn, we will start with the stamens, then the leaves giving both a chance to dry while we do the flowers, I am sure you will enjoy the finished card, there are twelve flowers on this truss, each flower has 5 petals, so that is 60 petals per person, plus 12 stamens, 6 leaves and a stem..........imagine what my hands and arms feel like tonight, I have punched all the shapes out for you!! That is 79 shapes each person! wow!
Love Jenni

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Jenni - I'm speechless!! This is so beautiful and looks so real. It's a wonder you don't have a repetitive strain injury!! Thanks for leaving me such lovely comments xxxx

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Wow that sounds like an incredible amount of work, but oh my it looks incredible! I had to look twice as I thought it was real!
Enjoy your time with your grandaughters, I'm sure they'll both be fine. I bet Mummy and Daddy will appreciate the time off too :)
Thanks for inspiring and good luck with your class next week.
Katie x

Mrs.B said...

These flowers are fantastic, I look each week to see what the class are doing, lucky ladies, I know they will appreciate you.
Thanks for the lovely comments on my blog.
Avril x

Cassandra said...

Jenni this one is so beautiful, I'm with Katina - they look so real!!

Patti Jo said...

I feel your pain and understand completely!!! :) They will love doing these flowers Jenni. Yours are just beautiful!!! Lots of work, but very rewarding!!!

Only By His Grace said...

Such a gorgeous flower Jenni.
you have made it beautifully.
thanks for the comment on my blog.
Hugs Maz

Carol Southern said...

Beautiful, beautiful display.
I love the rhododendron myself. Enjoy making them ladies.