Saturday, February 26, 2011

A gift box with blooms

Here is another project for the classes this week, I don't  think we will manage to get it all finished in one lesson, it took me four hours! and there are still two more types of flower to add, there is a box underneath and the flowers are on the lid, this card is ideal if you want to give someone a really special gift, the box is about 2" x 2" so is perfect for earrings, bracelet, necklace etc. The paper I used was all shimmer paper, moonbeam was one and gold another, it hasn't photographed very well, it is a lot more delicate IRL.  We will finish it next week and add the other flowers, the trick is to get them in a position that you can still lift off the lid without damaging the flowers, hope you enjoy!!!



On a footnote, my hubby was fine after his tests, but they found a bacteria in his stomach which had given him an ulcer ( see I wasn't to blame after all ha ha) but I did say "well maybe they really didn't wash the tube!!!" ???????? Last night he went for a sleep study for sleep apnoea, neither of us slept very well, it was soooo quiet in our room without his snoring!! and he had too many wires attached for a comfy night, I suppose I complain too much about the noise but I won't again, as I can't sleep without it, after nearly forty years together it's no wonder really is it?
Love Jenni



7 comments:

Mrs.B said...

Jenni this is fab again, looks sooo complicated. The flowers are all beautiful, I don't know how you do it.
Glad your hubby is OK - know what you mean about the noise!
Forgot to say -glad you have put your picture show at the top, now everyone can see it.
Avril x

Anonymous said...

Jenni, I can't believe how beautiful this is!!! The colours are stunning! Glad your hubby is okay and as far as the snoring goes, I do most of it in our house ... so my hubby says, lol!! xx

Patti Jo said...

Oh my goodness, I have missed seeing so many of your lovely flowers! Sure would love to come take your classes! I'll stop by and pick up Marion to come too!!! :) Absolutely beautiful work Jenni! Will be zooming in and checking out the details!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni,
Oh my goodness, no time for chatting this week! It is such a beautiful card, can't wait till Tuesday. Sal

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Simply Beautiful!
Katie x

Carol Southern said...

Gorgeous display of flowers Jenni on the box. It looks beautiful.
So glad his tests have shown nothing too serious. They can fix an ulcer.
Looks like you'll both have to deal with his snoring. Good Luck

Only By His Grace said...

Ha! I am way behind on all your lovely creations Jenni. So slack lately. Wonderful job on this.
Yeh! Patti Jo and I will be over.
Hugs Maz